Am I Not Enough?
We want to call this post to your attention. Whether you are woman or man, a pre-teen or senior saint, it’s a good question for us all.
My personal checklist to be the perfect woman goes something like this:
- Able to keep his attention
- Beautiful, but not plastic
- Always full of mercy and grace
- Able to know when to be quiet and when to speak
- Desirable above the other competition…for it seems he has many women he could choose
- Secure, for who wants to see any insecurity? Don’t want to scare you away.
It’s endless. And it is a deep arrow to the heart. I’m tired. I can’t do it anymore.
Perhaps it’s just one more version of perfectionism. It’s something many people feel. Why can’t I be good enough, even for myself? Read the whole post.
(Liz Brown is the daughter of Energion author Harvey Brown, author of Forgiveness: Finding Freedom from Your Past.)